Student Code Of Behaviour For Academic Integrity
As a student of Western Canada High School you are expected to live by our motto; Intellegentia, Vires, Virtue. As such you are expected to submit authentic work that represents your individual and original ideas and clearly acknowledges the work of others. Western Canada students are expected to demonstrate personal honesty and integrity.
1. Plagiarism--No student shall submit words, ideas, images or data of another person as the student’s own in any school work for any course.
2. Substantial Assistance--No student shall represent another’s substantial assistance on an assignment as the student’s own work.
3. Cheating--No student shall in the course of a test, examination or other similar activity:
- obtain or attempt to obtain information from another student or from another unauthorized source,
- give or attempt to give information to another student *
- use, attempt to use or possess for the purposes of use, any unauthorized material.
4. Double Submission--No student shall submit work for which credit has previously been given or which is being submitted in another course.
*Please note: It is the responsibility of all students to ensure that someone else does not use their work. Keep assignments secure and protect work from prying eyes during a test.
Depending on the severity of the violation, consequences for breaching the Student Code of Behaviour for Academic Integrity may include one or more of the following:
- documentation of the failure to exhibit academic integrity
- replacement of the evaluation with an alternate at the teacher’s discretion
- a reduced grade for the work in question
- loss of opportunity for a particular assessment
- referral to an administrator
- withdrawal from the course and loss of credits
- school suspension
- possible loss of status in Honour Society
- suspension to the Calgary Board of Education Student Services.