Attendance Line: 403-777-8420 ext. 1
It is important that you call the school if your child is absent or arriving late. Please report all absences to the Attendance Line above.
- Parents are required to phone the school by 8:00 am on the first day of an absence if their child is going to be away for any reason.
- Voice mail messages can be left 24 hrs/day.
- Punctual attendance is expected.
- Being late has a significant impact on: student’s learning (they miss out), our office staff (it takes a significant amount of time to call families of children who are late to make sure they are safe), teacher time (they have to re-teach) and classmates (they stop to see who has arrived).
- Letters go home and in the files of students who are habitually late. Parents are expected to have plans in place for ensuring their child is at school on time (Ref. CBE Admin.Reg.6020)
- Please inform the teacher and the office prior to the absence.
- No extra assigned work will be given - students may read or keep a journal during their trip.
- Students are expected to catch up on missed assignments when they return to school.
- If you are out of town and your children are staying with someone else, please give all pertinent information to the teachers and the office.