In compliance with the Calgary Board of Education Administrative Regulation #3066, homework in elementary school is
designed to promote good study habits, promote the supportive role of the home in a child’s education and not interfere with the child’s pursuit of other wholesome non-school interest of educational, cultural or recreational value.
Grades 1 - 3
- Students will not have formal homework assignments.
- Students are encouraged to read books suggested by the school.
- 5 - 10 minutes of study per night is recommended.
Grade 4 - 6
- Assignments are given at the discretion of the teacher.
- In general, homework should be reading or studying.
- No more than 20 minutes of homework per night is recommended.