Each student will be inspired to discover, explore and engage in challenging and relevant learning experiences fostered through safe, caring, and respectful relationships with their school and community.
West Ridge School Values
West Ridge School will be guided by a number of foundational pillars that all staff, parents, students and community members will understand and see in the daily operation of our school.
- Developmentally Appropriate
West Ridge School Raptors
What does it mean to be a Raptor? At West Ridge School our goal is to have a school where students thrive.
- We aim to provide you with engaging instruction so that you can learn and do your very best.
- We will provide opportunities for you to explore a wealth of complementary courses, co-curricular activities, and extra-curricular opportunities that will make your middle school years great.
- We strive to provide this in a safe, respectful learning environment where all Raptors come together as a community.
- We look forward to developing strong relationships with our students, parents and the community that we serve.
We welcome you to our Raptors community! Read on to learn about the Raptor Way and the expectations we have for you, our students!
Our School Name
West Ridge School was built for the communities of West Springs and Cougar Ridge. Combining the names of the two communities was the most popular choice in a survey of parents, students, staff and community members.
After gathering and evaluating stakeholder input, the school naming committee recommended this name to the Board of Trustees for its approval. The committee was comprised of CBE Trustees, parent and/or community representatives and members of CBE administration.
Our School Profile includes a dynamic map with our designation area and walk zone.