Note | Alberta Education directs the Grade 12 Diploma Examinations Program. As of March 3, 2022, the Alberta Education Diploma exams webpage states:
- Diploma exams are expected to be administered for the rest of the school year (April, June and August 2022). The situation will continue to be monitored and the advice of the Chief Medical Officer of Health will inform final decisions.
- Due to learning disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the weighting of diploma exams will be temporarily reduced to 10% for the 2021-22 school year only.
For more information on each of these bullets, please refer to this webpage.
Provincial tests are part of a balanced, broad-based program of student assessment. The results provide some of the information that guides our educators as they set targets for student achievement and track the results of school improvement initiatives. Visit the CBE website for more information on our students’
For the 2021-22 school year only, diploma exams will comprise 10 per cent of a student's overall mark in the course. Diploma exams are mandatory and will be offered for every diploma exam course listed below in November, January, April, June and August:
- English Language Arts 30-1
- English Language Arts 30-2
- French Language Arts 30-1
- Mathematics 30-1
- Mathematics 30-2
- Biology 30
- Chemistry 30
- Physics 30
- Science 30
- Social Studies 30-1
- Social Studies 30-2
More information on Diploma Exams can be found on the
Alberta Education website.