The Parking Authority has advised us that they will be enforcing the No Parking Zone in front of the school, which is a bus zone. They will also ticket pedestrians for jay walking. Cars parked in the No Parking Zone may be issued a fine. Please be sure to park outside the no parking signs and to cross the street at the cross walk. Residents living across the street from the school have also raised concerns about drivers doing u-turns and not driving in a safe manner.
The staff parking lot is not a drop-off or a pick-up point. Please use the east side of the parking lot near the walkway, 5th Avenue or Spruce Drive. The parking lot area is very busy and is not a safe place for children to be dropped off. Remember there is a one way in and out. Please obey the signs. Please also respect staff parking spaces. We do not have enough spaces for our staff, and when parents park in these spots it makes it difficult and frustrating for our staff. Please park responsibly and help make streets safe for our children.
A Message from the Calgary Parking Authority
For the safety of our children, please be courteous and consider the following when dropping off or picking up children from school.
- Avoid double parking.
- Watch for signs indicating ‘No Stopping’ and ‘No Parking’ zones.
- Leave five meters between your car and any crosswalk markings. This will ensure children are visible when they enter the crosswalk.
- School bus zones must be kept clear so children can step off the bus and onto a curb instead of exiting into a busy street.
- Parking too close to stop signs, yield signs or intersections makes it difficult to see children in the area and obstructs the view of other motorists. A distance of five meters is required.
- Blocking entrances to garages or driveways angers neighbors. Stay back at least 1.5 meters.