Student Success Centre
- Monday - Thursday | 8:20 AM – 4:50 PM
- Completion Centre runs until 4:50 PM
- Friday | 9:00 - 1:00
The Student Success Centre (Room 317) is open during school hours for students on an Individual Program Plan (IPP) who want a quiet environment to work, study or write a test. We have computers for student use, several large tables for individual or group work, and a separate extra-quiet exam room.
If you want to ensure your success and are a prospective
student in grades 11 - 12, learn about how you can begin planning for
post-secondary and explore the Government of Alberta's transition planning guide.
Our Learning Strategists, Mrs. Andrée Belhumeur and Ms. Lynsey Bechert act as a liaison between students, parents, teachers, and guidance counsellors to ensure students receive all the necessary support and accommodations. All students with specific needs have access to the tools and materials they need to support their learning:
- Creating a learning profile
- Learning assessments
- Individual program plans
- Assistive technology and learning resources
- One-on-one or group support with a Learning Strategist
- Quieter learning space to work, study, or write a test when it is possible
- Accommodations and supports for students with learning needs and/or attention challenges
- Help with: self-advocacy, attention and concentration in the learning process/strategies,memory skills needs, organizing skills, time management skills, reading skills, writing skills,test preparation and study skills
- Support with transition from grade 12 to post-secondary opportunities for students with IPP’s
Launch and Skills program- Autism spectrum:
If you would like to get started on transition planning. It is for individuals aged 15 and over with a diagnosis of autism. This program provides parents, caregivers and professionals support in creating an individualized Transition Plan, and are an opportunity to develop goals, learn about community resources, and connect with others. Go to The Sinneave Family Foundation for more information.
The Completion Centre (also room 317) is available to all students who need to make up missed assignments or tests after school from Monday - Thursday until 5:15pm.