The Guidance Department consists of three full-time counsellors, and a secretary. Our students are assigned guidance counsellors based on the student’s last name. Counselling appointments may be requested by students, parents, teachers or teacher advisors. Appointments with counsellors may be booked by:
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Friday: 8:15 AM - 2:00 PM
Timetable Concerns Guidance counsellors have looked over timetables to ensure appropriate course selection and the balance of courses over the two semesters. Due to the pandemic we will not have as much flexibility this year in course request changes. We will look at requests to drop a class or to go online for a class. These requests can be done with the forms filled in and submitted to your Guidance Counsellor. Requests need to be emailed as we will not be meeting in person or taking phone calls for these requests.
Request for Course Drop Form Click Here
Requests to do an Online Course Click Here
There are a number of considerations when looking at doing an online course. We recognize that students/families have unique situations to navigate. We have a form that includes information re. online considerations.
MyPass is an Alberta Education secure self-service website for high school students to:
- View and print diploma exam result statements
- Order transcripts
- View progress towards a credential (Diploma or Certificate)
- View student personal information
- View and print a detailed academic report (DAR)
To request access, visit myPass.alberta.ca
myBlueprint - An interactive education, career, pathways and life planner. The tool can help you to explore and build your high school course plan and inform your course choices. Login with your edu email and CBE password.
Here are some resources in myBlueprint that students may use as they progress through high school:
Who am I – 6 unique assessments for self-exploration (Learning styles, Personality (based on Myers-Briggs), Holland Interests, Knowledge, Motivation and Compatibility?)
High School – a tool to visually plan courses, track progress toward graduation, identify post-secondary eligibility for opportunities in all pathways.
Post Secondary – a database to explore post-secondary opportunities (apprenticeship, college, university, workplace sectors
Goals – An interactive goal setting to set S.M.A.R. T. goals and action plans
Occupations – A database of over 500 occupations
Resumes and Cover Letters – tools to record personal experiences, build resumes and write cover letters
Money – a budget-making tool to help student track income and expenses and develop financial literacy
Job Search – A tool to explore real-world job postings that relate to occupations of interest
Portfolios – A portfolio builder to create multiple portfolios and share it with parents, teachers, or future employers
How We Can Help
To assist students in obtaining a high school education and planning for post-secondary or career directions and counseling, the guidance department offers a variety of services including assistance with:
- Educational Counselling
Program Planning, Course Registration, Timetable Conflicts, information packages, Applications to summer school, online, or self-directed learning, referrals from teacher, administration, parent or student.
- Personal / Social Counselling
Personal issues, Crisis Intervention, Special Needs Intervention, Referrals and consultation with outside agencies, mediation, referrals from teacher, administration, parent or student.
- Post-Secondary Planning
Alberta and Out of Province Post Secondary Fairs, Post Secondary lunch hour information sessions, Scholarship/Loan Information, Post Secondary application information.
- Career Counselling
To assist students in exploring and planning for further education and/or school-to-work transition.Includes:
- Personal goal setting
- Occupational information
- Post-secondary information
Career Planning Resources
- Alis - Alberta careers, learning and employment information
- ALIS CAREERinsite - A one-stop guide to career planning for Albertans. Create your career plan, get to know yourself with quizzes and exercises, explore options, get ready and take action.
- Calgary Public Library - Try the Job & Career Accelerator (Library Card Required). An interactive career selection and job search system, including: occupation profiles, resume building, cover letter writing, interview skills and more.
- Career Exploration Centre (SAIT) - The Career Exploration Centre (CEC) is a fun, interactive environment where you can get hands-on experience with a variety of careers located on the SAIT campus.