Student Services - Success Centre
Student Services consists of three success advisors and two learning spaces to support students’ educational and social/emotional needs. Our students are assigned guidance counsellors based on the student’s last name.
Booking an Appointment & Hours
Students are encouraged to make appointments to talk to their counsellors about issues that are affecting their success at school. You may discuss your personal situation in a supportive manner with your counsellor and work collaboratively to develop strategies to succeed. At times, your issue may be more urgent and we encourage you to come to the Success Centre to see us, as we will have a guidance counsellor available to you.
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Drop-In Hours: will be posted outside the Success Centre.
How We Can Help
A comprehensive counselling program is provided to students, including the following domains:
Educational Guidance– to assist students in developing an understanding of their educational goals and how to attain them successfully
- Includes: course advising, high school program planning and pathways to completion, support of success in courses, Post-Secondary planning, timetable conflicts, applications to summer school and online courses.
Career Support To assist students in exploring and planning for further education and/or school-to-work transition.
- Includes: Personal goal setting, Self-assessment, Occupational information, Post-Secondary information
Personal | Social | Emotional Support – to provide an opportunity for students who are experiencing concerns
- Includes: Personal issues, Crisis Intervention, Special Needs Intervention, Referrals and consultation with outside agencies, stress management, relationship conflict, life events and transitions, mental health and wellness, substance abuse
Mental Health Resources
See our short-list of Calgary community resources for mental health counselling and supports.
Kids Help Phone | text, phone, live chat or find resources:
Access Mental Health | information, consultation and referral for addiction and/or mental health concerns
Distress Centre | 24-hour crisis support, free crisis counselling, peer support, community resources:
Phone: 403-266-4357 (HELP)
Eastside Family Centre | phone, e-therapy and walk in counselling
The Alex Youth Health Centre | mental health supports, medical care,
The Summit | mental health supports for youth and families, including walk-in counselling