Regular Program Registration​

To register a student please follow the Registration instructions outlined on the CBE website. 

Registration at Calgary Board of Education (CBE) schools is not determined on a first come, first served basis. Registration and admission to schools in CBE are governed by the Education Act and Administrative Regulation 6090 | Child and Student Registration and Admission.

General Registration Information

If you have questions for our school, contact us for information.

It is not possible to register at the school on holidays and during the summer. During the summer break you can find more information and dates on our Back to School page.

Non-Canadian students have a different registration process, please follow the registration process outlined on the New to Canada page.​

​How to Register for Alternative Programs

An alternative education program emphasizes a particular language (CBE currently offers French, Spanish, Mandarin and German), subject matter or a particular teaching philosophy.

Registration Process

Please visit the ​Alternative Program Registration page for more details on how to register for an alternative program.

For students that are new to CBE and not Canadian citizens, please follow the registration process outlined on the New to Canada page.​

If you cannot find the answers you are looking for on the CBE website, please connect with our office. ​

How to Register

Overflow School Designation for Grade 10 to 12 Students from Sir Winston Churchill High School to William Aberhart High School.

Due to the continued registrations at Sir Winston Churchill High School, an overflow school designation will be in place to overflow students to William Aberhart High School. August 2022, a decision was made to overflow all new regular program students designated to Sir Winston Churchill High School for the 2022-23 school year to Robert Thirsk High School. Robert Thirsk High School is experiencing growing enrolment within its designated community. Therefore, effective June 19, 2023, all new registrations for regular program students designated to Sir Winston Churchill High School will now be overflowed to William Aberhart High School.

For more details regarding this change, please read the full notice

Last modified on

​​​​​​​​​​Transferring Between CBE Schools

At the CBE, when you are transitioning from elementary to middle school, or from middle school to high school, you will be automatically registered at your designated school according to your home address. To find out what your designated school is, use our Find a School tool. 

If you are interested in attending a school other than your designated school, visit CBE's Transfers page for transfer information. Please note that some schools are quite full and not able to accept all transfer requests.