Illness & Medical

Student Illness

If students are ill we ask that parents/caregivers keep them at home and call the school to report the absence. If a student becomes ill while at school parents/caregivers will be called to come and pick them up as soon as possible.


If a student needs to take prescription medication during the school day, you must complete the CBE Student Health Plan form provided by the school. This form, when completed and signed, allows certified school staff to give medication to your student. The parents/caregivers must bring the student’s medication to school in its original container with the dosage information on the label. If a student’s medication changes during the school year, an updated form is required and a new container with the correct dosage must be provided. 

Medications will be kept in a secure, locked location. Only staff who have current medication administration training will dispense medications. Surplus medication will be given back to the guardian in person or hand to hand via transportation personnel. 

The school is not allowed to provide students with any other medication, such as Tylenol, unless it has been provided by the caregiver in its original container, and a Health Plan signed.

Forms You Need 

Student Health Emergency Response Protocol Form
This form is to be used when there is a student health issue regarding attention. This includes when there is a request to administer medication. 

Student Health Plan

This form is to be:

  • completed if a physical or medical condition may affect the student's attendance at school
  • completed if medication is to be taken at school,
  • reviewed and updated annually or sooner if there is a change in the student's health concern or school registration.
Last modified on