​​​Support for Students at the CBE

Our students’ success is our top priority and we understand that our students live complex lives and that many factors both in school and outside of school can affect their ability to learn. The CBE offers a variety of services (such as Culture and Linguistic Support, Exceptional and Special Needs, and Psychological Services) to support students, their families and our school, so students can be successful learners. Visit the CBE website to learn more.​​​​

Student Services

Hull School offers a number of services in order to foster the development of our students in specific areas. Referrals for these services are made through Hull School administration and classroom staff. The services are needs-based and students may be triaged if there is a high level of referrals. Referrals are made only after consultation with the parents / caregivers.


One-on-one tutoring may be available for teacher identified students in a variety of subjects.


  • Kaplan SpellRead: Interactive, small group instruction to help students progress in reading and writing.
  • Individual Reading Program: One-on-one reading instruction with our literacy teacher.

Speech Therapy and Occupational Therapy: Speech and occupational therapists are available to work with individual students throughout the year through the CBE Student Health Partnership. Referrals are made by the teacher.

School Transition Counsellors (STCs) & Family Worker

Each student is assigned a School Transition Counsellor. The STCs provide support to both the student and family by:

  • Assisting students during their transition into the Hull school community and/or when they move on to another school;
  • Aiding with school forms and other paperwork;
  • Acting as a liaison with the student’s classroom team and other professionals involved with the student or family;
  • Arranging meetings for IPPs;
  • Providing support through in-home visits for those who desire this service;
  • Providing information on community agencies.

The Family Worker can assist families by providing more intensive in-home parenting support and support in accessing community services.

The administrative team, teachers, and counsellors welcome inquiries about our school.

Feel free to call at 403-251-8022.  


Some students can get one-on-one tutoring for a variety of subjects. Your teacher may ask a tutor to help to give you help with certain things. 

Last modified on