Physical Education (PE) supports you in acquiring skills through a variety of developmentally appropriate movement activities. You will gain experience within various physical activities assisting you in further understanding health and wellness benefits, promoting positive interactions and leading an active lifestyle.
PE takes place daily. Sports activities are offered throughout the year, some of the PE and sports activities include:
- Every morning each classroom participates in 20 minutes of physical activity, such as walking, activities in the gym, yoga, Wii dance, etc.
Physical Education Classes
- Scheduled weekly for all students.
- Each classroom participates once a week in a noon-hour intramural. The sports played vary throughout the year.
- Hockey is offered to students according to age level, in segments of several weeks, throughout the school year. Basic skills are taught. Equipment is provided.
- Rock Climbing is made available to students for a few weeks throughout the school year.
- Swimming is offered to students according to age level, in segments of several weeks, throughout the school year.
- Hull Services campus has a professional skateboard park suitable for skateboards and scooters.Students may use this park if they have parents/caregivers permission, wear appropriate protective gear, and are supervised by staff.
- Every student using the skate park must wear a helmet, knee pads, and wrist guards.
- The Acknowledgement of Risk and Consent of Parent or Guardian Form must be signed by a guardian in order to have permission to use the skateboard park. Even if the student is from a residential program on campus, and already has permission from a guardian, they still need the CBE form signed.
- All students must watch the skateboard park training video prior to using the park. This must be done with staff, the child must sign, and a staff must sign.
Occasionally throughout the year we have school-wide events with various games and sports in order to foster community building and have a good time.