Junior and senior high students can choose from a variety of weekly complementary courses. Elements around sensory input, circle of courage and therapeutic relationships are incorporated into our classes. Complementary courses can include the following:
- Fine Arts: Art, Dance, Drama, Drumming, Music.
- Outdoor Education: Hiking in Fish Creek park, biking, snow-shoeing, campfire lunches, etc.
- Cooking: Learning cooking techniques as well as nutrition, food safety and food prep.
- Computers: Training in word processing, multimedia presentations and navigating online.
- Photography: Picture taking and photo editing.
- Automotive Shop: Developing skills in car maintenance, such as oil changes, tire repair and seasonal rotation, as well as refurbishing classic cars and motorcycles.
- Wood Shop: Training in carpentry and wood art by making props and backdrops for drama, musical instruments, and more.
- Greenhouse: Students will help plan, grow and harvest food in our passive solar greenhouse. Food grown may also be used for students in foods classes.