Beliefs Related to Discipline
- Learning is an ongoing process, which requires a commitment to appropriate behaviour that shows respect for self, others, school and community.
- Students are capable of making appropriate choices and accepting the responsibility for doing so.
- Communication and cooperation between school and home is vital. Specific behaviours expected of students
Bus rides are considered an extension of the Willow Park Students’ day and all Student Expectations apply. Students riding on the bus must remember that they are responsible for their conduct on the bus. Violation of any of these expectations may lead to the loss of riding privileges or suspension from school.
- The driver is in full charge of the bus and his/her directions must be followed.
- The driver will report any misconduct to the school administration for appropriate action.
- Students are to sit in assigned seats.
- While on the bus students must stay seated at all times, facing forward. Students must not extend arms or heads out of the windows, or move about within the bus.
- Students must not throw paper or other items on the floor or out the bus windows.
- While on the bus, students must conduct themselves in a quiet and courteous manner, showing respect and consideration for the comfort and safety of others.
- Scuffling, fighting, smoking and the use of obscene language on the bus is prohibited (may result in immediate loss of privileges for a period of time).
- Students will not distract the driver.
- Students causing willful damage to a bus will be held fully accountable.
- When leaving the bus, students must observe the instructions of the bus driver. They should not cross the road without having a clear view in both directions.
- Students must ride on their assigned bus. Students wishing to make alternate transportation arrangements for the day must bring a note to the office the morning of the change. All students involved must have signed notes from their parent/guardian to confirm arrangements.
- Skateboards, scooters and any other means of transportation on wheels must be transported in a secure bag and students need to inform their bus driver as according to Southland Transportation Safety Policies.
Upon receiving a Misconduct Form by the driver for misbehaviour on the bus, parents/guardians will be informed and riding privileges may be suspended.