Transportation for Alternative Programs
Students attending Alternative Programs access general transportation under a congregated stop model. Congregated stops are used when students from the same or multiple communities congregate or gather at one stop to take a bus to their chosen school.
The bus stop may be well beyond reasonable walking distance from a student’s home. Families are responsible for student safety to, from, and at the bus stop and may be required to arrange for transportation to and from the congregated stop.
The routes and stops are final and changes will not be made based on new registrations or the route students must travel to get to the stop location. Students who are registered after the deadline will be added to closest bus with available space and may not be closest congregated stop.
When CBE selects a congregated stop location we look at a number of factors including student safety, ease of access for the bus, public space for students to gather and available parking for parents.
ZPass cards are issued to registered riders who are new to general transportation.
- The ZPass only has the CBE Student ID number, for privacy and security. Please do not add personal identifying information.
- Do not punch holes in the ZPass, as it will render the card unreadable.
- Students scan their ZPass using an electronic card reader installed on the bus every time they get on and off the bus
- If a student forgets a ZPass, they should notify the driver; they will still be able to ride the bus
- If a student loses a ZPass, parents are must request a replacement pass through MyCBE/PowerSchool
- Please note that ZPass cards are not printed after May long weekend
- ZPass cards are meant to be multi-year and should be kept for reuse, even if transportation is cancelled for a period of time
Southland uses a bus route monitoring app called MyBusStop for all Southland Transportation routes. You can use the mobile and web application GPS tracking service to see real-time information and route delays.
§ School codes change each school year and will be provided to families before the start of the school year through MyCBE/PowerSchool
Families can visit www.mybusstop.ca to register and create an account. Parents/Guardians and students can register for this app so that all can use the tracking service to see real-time information and route delays.
§ Once registered, the app can be used
Questions, concerns or suggestions regarding registration or use of the application can be forwarded to email@example.com.
As a reminder of winter weather, please plan ahead for using transportation in cold weather.