Our Learning Commons
Is the hub for our school learning community. It is for available to all students and is for research, reading and quiet study.
Hours & Borrowing Rules
The Learning Commons is open during school hours.
Mrs Dickson is available to support teachers and students. When Mrs Dickson is not available the Learning Commons is open for focused independent studying time.
Students are asked to find books using the e-catalogue and to sign books using self-checkout. Please remember to check the items off as they are returned and put them back where they belong, charging if necessary.
You can take out technology for a day and books for 2 weeks. Students are asked to sign out technology using the binder on Mrs. Dickson’s desk.
Willow Park Library Card
At Willow Park you use your CBE ID number as a Library Card. At CPL you must set up and receive a card from them.
Please do not move comfy furniture. If you need to move the tables and chairs, please put them back where they belong.
Calgary Public Library Partnership
CPL has a wonderful e-resource selection for research and it is available for free to us by logging in with your library card to the CPL website.
How do I . . .
- Use self-checkout to sign out books? Follow the instructions posted beside the selfcheckout computer. Mrs. Dickson is happy to help you, especially the first time you try this.
- Return books to the blue bin below self-checkout. Return technology to where it belongs, charging if necessary. Please check it off as returned in the binder.
- Search for a book using a catalogue? Use the computer beside the self-checkout computer to search the online catalogue. Don’t forget to set the Library to Willow Park School!
- Sign out a tripod or a camera? Please sign technology out in the Sign Out binder. Write each item on a separate line.
- Drop in to work independently during class time without a teacher? We can facilitate this for a small number of students. For larger groups (of ten or more) we suggest booking the space and coming with the whole class. Individual students should complete an entry form signed by your teacher to give to Mrs. Dickson or Ms. Knight. Work quietly and independently while using the space. If you are disruptive, you will be asked to return to your class. Please leave the space tidy and ready for the next student to use.
- Remember my passwords? You are responsible for D2L, google, IXL Math, Brain Pop, etc. passwords. We suggest that you write them down in a safe place in case you forget your passwords. If you do forget or wish to change your passwords, check with your homeroom teacher or the office staff.