Expectations for Student Behaviour
At Wilma Hansen School, our expectations regarding student behaviour and our discipline procedures are based on the following:
- We expect all individuals at Wilma Hansen to treat others in the same manner they would like to be treated – with respect, dignity and consideration.
- All students have the right to learn and participate in school activities without fear for their safety and without fear of personal attacks of a verbal or physical nature. No one has the right to interfere with this. We request the assistance of parents in encouraging alternative methods for solving problems.
- We expect all students to show respect for the school building and property. This includes being responsible by cleaning up before leaving an area.
- Students are expected to follow Calgary Board of Education Policies and Regulations regarding student behaviour.
- Full wording of expectations for student behaviour and other policies are available on the CBE website.