If your child is registered for Lunch Supervision and will be away during the noon hour, please advise us by to email your child's teacher. More information is on our Lunch Supervision page.
Monday to Thursday : Varies by classroom
Friday : As students are done school at 1:20PM (new) they will have a "super snack" in classroom at noon.
|A Typical Lunch (DISPOSABLE)||A Waste-Free Lunch (REUSABLE)|
- sandwiches sealed in plastic bags
- fruits and vegetables in plastic bags
- pre-packaged chips, cookies, fruit bars, granola bars, cheeses, and fruit leathers
- pre-packaged yogurt, applesauce, and puddings
- crackers, pretzels, chips, and other snack foods sealed in plastic bags
- disposable juice boxes, juice pouches, soda cans, water bottles, and milk cartons
- plastic forks and spoons
- paper napkins
- reusable lunchboxes and disposable paper and plastic bags
- sandwiches and other main dishes, fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, and treats in a reusable lunch container
- cloth napkins
- stainless-steel forks and spoons
- reusable drink containers
- reusable lunchboxes
*With this type of lunch, lunch food items can be bought in larger quantities. The packaging can be left at home for reuse or recycling. Waste-free lunches are not only a wise environmental choice; they are also less expensive.
As a caring school community, we must be aware and vigilant around the variety of severe allergies that many of our students have, the most common one being peanut and nut allergies. Learn more about allergies and other medical information on our Illness & Medical page.
Fun lunches are periodically scheduled and gives our students an opportunity to eat lunch, socialize with their friends at school and take part in special activities. Please ensure you have registered your child/ren with HealthyHunger.ca. For our upcoming fun lunches, please check our school Calendar.
After Lunch Playground Supervision
Students that go home for lunch should not return to play until 12:55 PM when playground supervision is available.
Leaving School Grounds During the Lunch Hour
We make it our top priority to ensure all the children are safe during school hours. With this in mind, we diligently take attendance every lunch hour to make sure all the children are present and safely accounted for.
We realize there are times when you need to speak to your child during the lunch hour, however, for safety reasons, we ask that you please check in with the school office before going on school grounds.
If you are taking your child off school premises during the lunch hour, the parent/guardian is responsible for signing out their student in the school office. Students cannot be signed out by anyone who is not on the student’s Emergency Contact List and even then we must have a parent/guardian’s consent.