Woodbine School works diligently to ensure that our school is a safe place to learn and work. To this end, many precautionary measures in line with Calgary Board of Education policies and regulations have been implemented. To ensure the safety of all our students and staff, please be aware of the following:
- All doors, including the front entrance, are locked during the school’s operational hours.
- All visitors, volunteers and parents must report to the School Office and sign in/out.
- All volunteers must sign in at the office and obtain a volunteer tag for the duration of the school visit – if your tag is not on display please see Mrs. Brown in the School Office.
- Parents picking up students for appointments must report to the School Office – students will not be called down to the office until the parent arrives to sign them out.
- When picking up or dropping off students, we ask that parents wait at designated doors to drop off and to receive children at entry and dismissal times.
- Parents are asked to not accompany their child to their classroom in order to keep interruptions to a minimum. If your child needs help to transition, please let the office staff know.
- Our dismissal time is 3:40 PM Monday-Thursday and Fridays at 1:10 PM. If you are unable to pick up your child(ren) at dismissal you need to put a plan in place to ensure they are picked up on time - after school child care facilities are not available.
- In order to keep interruptions to the classrooms to a minimum – should you require a lunch/snack/message to be passed on to your child(ren) the office staff will be happy to do this at a convenient break i.e. recess/lunch break.
Finally, our parking lot entrance will be chained and inaccessible evenings and weekends in an effort to keep our school and surrounding grounds safe and secure. Please help us to keep our school protected and should you notice an act of vandalism or graffiti taking place – please report it immediately.