We request that you please obey the signs in front of the school (Busing Zone – no stopping allowed).
For safety reasons dropping off or picking up students in the staff parking lot is prohibited.
Idling Cars/Parking Issues
For families who drop off/pick up their children from school we would like to ask that you do not leave your car idling whilst waiting in the neighbourhood. Please help to keep our air cleaner for our children by turning off your engine. We very much appreciate your assistance in this.
The staff parking lot and the bus zones are not to be used for parent drop off/pick ups under any circumstances. We regularly have issues getting our yellow bus into the bus zone due to illegally parked cars. The staff parking lot is a busy place both before and after school with staff arriving/departing at various times of the day – do not drop off your child in the parking lot – when cars are reversing small children are not easily visible and we remind our students regularly to stay on the sidewalks and not to cut through the parking lot.
- If you as a parent or guardian witness any unsafe stopping or parking actions, you are encouraged to call Calgary Parking Authority at 403-537-7100 to report your parking complaint. They also appreciate knowledge of licence plate numbers when making your phone call.
- If you as a parent or guardian witness any unsafe driving behaviour, you are encouraged to call Calgary Police Service non-emergency line at 403-266-1234. Knowledge or evidence of licence plates is very helpful as well.
- For any traffic concerns please use the following link to the City of Calgary Community Traffic Concerns Department. http://www.calgary.ca/Transpor... This department identifies processes for responding to traffic issues so that communities with the most severe traffic issues will be dealt with on a priority basis. Community traffic studies aim to reduce the negative impacts of traffic in neighbourhoods.
- The addition of pylons will be placed on the bend in the road where Woodfield Way turns into Woodfield Crescent to indicate where pedestrian crosswalks exist. Cars are NOT to park in any pedestrian crosswalk at any time of the day or night.
Please always choose safety over convenience. Please help keep all our children safe.
Parking Around Schools: Photo Enforcement
Calgary Parking Authority is helping to make school areas safer for our students and school communities. Here’s what you should know.
- The Calgary Parking Authority is now using photo enforcement in addition to Enforcement Officers in school
- areas, so tickets may be received in the mail or placed on vehicles that are in violation of parking regulations.
- You must follow posted signage, even if you remain in your vehicle.
Parking responsibly around schools is very important for the safety of the students attending these schools and members of the community.
TIPS: Avoid Parking Fines
- Stay back at least 1.5 metres from entrances to garages or driveways
- Watch for “No stopping” and “No parking zones
- Keep school bus zones clear
- Leave five metres between your car and cross walks
- Park at least five metres from stop signs, yield signs or intersections
View poster under Resources or see below.
School patrols, supported by the AMA and the Calgary Police Service, are provided to help students cross safely. Patrols are on duty at Woodbine Blvd and Woodfield Way. Students are expected to cross with the patrols instead of jaywalking across the street in front of the school. Patrols are out for 15 minutes before school entry time and 15 minutes after school dismissal times. Our new safety patrollers for the 2018-19 school year have started training and may begin to patrol in some positions on their own at times. Please be patient as we train our new teams.
We are extremely grateful for all of the time and effort our Woodbine Patrol Team have put into this very important role in keeping our students safe.
Note that during inclement weather (-20 degrees centigrade) patrols will not be on duty.