We are going to start creating our model for an animal sanctuary in Ukraine. For this project, we are building an interpretative center, a staff building and a large outdoor space for five different animals that live naturally in Ukraine. Students will need a variety of materials to create their models of the sanctuary. If you have any of these items lying around, we would greatly appreciate any donations.
Easy to cut cardboard
Toilet paper rolls/paper towel rolls
Thank you so much for your support!
This week we:
- Started a research project where students are tasked with building a wild animal sanctuary for the animals of Ukraine.
- Walked to fish creek for our Timbernook Loose Parts Residency
- Started multiplication with x 5 and x10
- Practiced for our Spring Production
- Made Pysanky eggs
- Learning more about Ukraine’s tradition, landscapes and types of food (if anyone knows how to make Borsch then we would gladly try it:)
- Learning more strategies for multiplication
**Requests - newspaper (we need lots of it)
Clubs: We have started two new lunch clubs for students in Gr. ⅔. One is comic club where students create a variety of comics and the other is drama club where we will be creating a play for the end of the year assembly. Forms for the clubs have been distributed and will need to be signed and returned to the school in order to participate in the clubs. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Spring Dance: April 14
- Swimming Lessons: Div.1: May 1-4, 2023 Div.2: May 8-11
- Spring Production: May 4, 2023
- Book Fair: May 2-4
- Zoo Field-Trip May 11, 2023
- Drama Club: May 3, 2023
- Comic Club: May 2, 2023
Have a lovely weekend!