Responsible Use of Technology at Woodman School
In accordance with CBE Administrative Regulation 1062 – Responsible Use of Electronic Information Resources, there are many expectations related to the use of technology in our school community. These guidelines are in place to support learning with technology and, at times, to protect the users of technology from physical, emotional or financial harm. These guidelines apply to all users of school electronic and technology resources, and also apply to proper digital citizenship practices within the building.
As a responsible user of technology at Woodman School:
- I understand that my use of school technology can and will be monitored.
- I will respect school property by following instructions from the teacher, treating it carefully, and leaving it ready to use by the next person or group.
- I will return all technology, including all associated accessories, to the designated locations in order to allow access for the next person or group.
- I understand that I should only visit websites and/or apps that are related to my learning needs at WS, and that I may be asked to leave a particular site if a teacher feels it is not school-appropriate.
- I will not bypass school filters or security measures to access inappropriate sites, images, and/or games.
- I will not use school resources for making purchases or conducting business.
- I will respect intellectual property by stating all online sources used for assignments and/or research, as per my teachers’ instructions.
- I will access/view information, images, sound/video only if they are respectful, age and school-appropriate and support learning, citizenship and a positive community at our school.
- I understand that I should not download, share, or print information/images that are not related to my learning needs at our school.
- I will not take/post/distribute pictures of anybody, or record them in any manner, without their permission; in particular, phones should never be used in the change rooms.
- I will immediately report any illicit photographs/recordings of another student to a teacher or administration, in order to protect their decency and personal rights.
- I understand that I should keep my personal information private (including, but not limited to, my full name, address, telephone number, gender, age or personal beliefs) and will carefully consider where/how I should share that.
- I will keep my CBE password and username private.
- If known, I will not share the personal or school information of others.