We know that everyone leads a busy life and needs to find personalized tools to manage their tasks. Teachers will encourage students, and help them find times within the school day to update their agenda and be reminded of important dates, deadlines and school events.
Students and their families can keep up-to-date with Woodman events in the following ways:
- Daily announcements before morning nutrition break
- Woodman website:
On the website, families will find school information regarding student fees, pertinent daily information, our school newsletter, important dates on the month ahead, samples of student learning, School Council and Parent Association information, agendas, and meeting minutes. Please mark this URL in your web browser so you can check it regularly.
- Woodman Twitter account: Follow us and learn about school innovation, pride, and special student learning events.
- CBE website: Access Calgary Board of Education system information, contact information, forms and fee information through this website.
- MyCBE / PowerSchool to pay fees, access class schedules and receive updated assessment information from core teachers.
- CBE Iris: to access Individualized Learning Plans and student learning goals and updates. On the web site, families will find school information regarding student fees, pertinent daily information, our school newsletter, important dates on the month ahead, samples of student learning, School Council and Parent Association information, agendas, and meeting minutes. Please mark this URL in your web browser so you can check it regularly.
- Absences from School: School Messenger Email and Phone-out System. The CBE-wide communication tool used in every schools is School Messenger (SM). SM will send both email and phone messages regarding attendance alerts. We are always concerned about safety. If a student has not arrived at school and we have not received a message on our attendance line, we are required to make a direct call home.
- E-mail: Email is one of our most direct ways of communication with families. As part of the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), parents are required to provide their express consent to receiving emails and text messages. Once consent has been obtained, we will send out weekly important information about special events, try-out schedules, games, concerts and notices from the school council. In a blended family environment, ensure that families specify the email addresses they wish to have information circulated to. This information may be updated by completing the Student Demographic Report document, included in the Forms 2021-2022 Forms Package.
In connection with the CBE online payment option, please provide us the email addresses to register the account with CBE. These email addresses will be recorded in our data base (by updating the Student Demographic Form included in this envelope) as the primary contact information. Families will not be able to pay CBE fees online, unless they have provided the school with your primary contact email addresses.
- My CBE / PowerSchool - Electronic Booking System for Learning Conferences: We will send families related information by email two weeks before each conference (September, November and March) and give families the exact time the service is available so everyone gets a chance to reserve the most convenient times.
- Teacher D2L Shells: It is our goal in the school to have all core teachers post summaries of homework, assessment and calendar information through an online forum. Teachers will post their email address to the site, in order for students and parents to have easy communication access when needed. Please review content together on regular basis and especially in the event of extended absences from school due to illness.
- Telephone and Face-to-Face Communication with Teachers and Administration: We will ensure that ample opportunities are provided for parents to meet with the school, and with individual teachers throughout the school year. Attend the virtual “Meet Woodman Night” on Thursday, September 23, 6:30 pm, and obtain teachers’ school telephone number and email address. All parents – new and returning – are encouraged to attend.
Additionally, there are three Learning Conferences in September (IPPs), November and March. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend school council meetings. Private meetings with teachers or the administrative team may be requested by emailing teachers directly, or contacting the main office. Please refrain from making contact with either students or their teacher during instructional hours. To promote best communication practices, we request that parents connect directly with teachers first, before calling administration, in order to more effectively addressing regarding any classroom-based themes. The principles of the CBE Administrative Regulation 5007 - Concerns and Complaints guide our approach for maintaining a strong home-school partnership.
- Information from Office Staff (8:30-4:00 Monday – Thursday and 8:30-2:30 Friday):
If information is required that cannot be accessed through any of the aforementioned avenues, the main office is always pleased to provide accurate information to parents who call.
Subscribe to Receive Our School Messages
Don't miss out on topics such as picture days, student fees, field trip costs, yearbook, fun lunches, and more.
Stay connected by following one or all of our social media accounts.
Our RSS feeds allow you to access school content at your convenience in ways that works best for you.