Woodman Transportation Information
Yellow School Bus
Some students who are designated to the various programs at Woodman have access to register for the yellow school bus, through Southland Transportation. Students who are not eligible by program and address to ride the yellow school bus may consider applying for a Conditional Rider status. Please contact Ms. Samson in the main office for more information.
We want students to have a safe and pleasant experience on their rides to and from Woodman. Students riding on the bus must remember that school rules also apply when riding the bus. The bus driver has an important job of driving the bus, while also supervising a large number of energetic students to and from school. Please be advised that:
- The driver is in full charge of the bus and his/her directions must be obeyed.
- The driver will report any misconduct to the Administration of the school concerned who will then take appropriate action.
- The driver may assign specific seats to students at any time.
- While the bus is in motion, students must not extend arms or heads out of the windows.
- Students must not throw paper or other waste materials on the floor or out of the windows of the bus.
- While on the bus, students must conduct themselves in a quiet and courteous manner, showing consideration for the comfort and safety of others.
- Scuffling, fighting, smoking, and the use of obscene or disrespectful language on the bus are prohibited.
- Students will not distract the bus driver with unnecessarily loud conversation.
- Students causing willful damage to a bus will be held financially accountable.
- When leaving the bus, students must observe the instructions of the bus driver. They should not cross the road without having a clear view in both directions.
- Continued violation may lead to the loss of riding privileges or to suspension from the school.
Students involved with extracurricular activities (ex. sports, band) outside of regular school hours will need to arrange for transportation to and from the building. Students need to be picked up from these activities immediately once they end.
Considering the close proximity of the school to key bus stops and train stations, many Woodman students access public transportation as a means of commuting to school. We expect that students will display good character and citizenship, representing the school in a position light. Students are encouraged to look out for each other to ensure as pleasant and safe a commuting experience as possible. Note that students are subject to all of the bylaws outlined by Calgary Transit, including the temporary wearing of masks as a result of COVID. Failure to follow their guidelines may result in infractions by a Calgary Transit Peace Officer.
Calgary Transit has increased the rate of their student bus passes to $79/month. More information about 2021-2022 transportation service levels and fees are posted on the CBE website.
Calgary Transit has posted information about their fall service changes.