School Dress Code
In order to prepare our students for community school, the following dress code applies at both William Taylor & George Woods Learning Centres. A student’s appearance reflects their respect for themselves and others. Students are expected to dress in a clean and appropriate manner. This dress code applies to all school sponsored activities including extracurricular activities and field trips.
All clothing must:
- Allow for safe participation in student activities.
- Have respectful print and images.
- Not be distracting or disruptive to learning.
Unacceptable dress for students includes but not limited to:
- Clothing with derogatory, vulgar, sexualized or suggestive pictures, or printing (e.g. advertisements for alcohol or drugs, in support of drug use, or promoting illegal activities).
- Tank tops, mesh shirts, or other immodest clothing (this could include, but is not limited to some of the following: exposed underclothes, spaghetti straps, bare midriffs, sleeveless shirts, plunging necklines, and short shorts or skirts, pants worn
- in such a way that underwear is showing.
- Any clothing or apparel related to gang affiliation (e.g. advertisements for I.C.P. or Jugalo’s, bandanas with colors). It is at the Principal’s discretion to determine if clothing is unacceptable.