Scope of School Policies
Under CBE Administrative Regulation 6005, students may be held responsible and accountable by the school administration for their behaviour and conduct:
- While they are involved in school-sponsored or related activities
- On school property
- During lunch periods on or away from school property
- While traveling to and from school, and
- Beyond the hours of school operation if the behaviour or conduct detrimentally affects the welfare of individual students or the governance, climate, or efficiency of the school.
Expectations of Students
We pride ourselves on providing a safe caring and supportive learning environment for all students. Therefore, while attending William Taylor or George Wood Learning Centre, there are a number of expectations which all students are expected to follow:
- Arrive at school on time.
- Account for absences and lates, as required.
- Treat others with kindness and respect.
- Help anyone who is:
- Feels Rejected
- Feels Threatened
- No violence.
- Don’t use physical or verbal abuse, including threats, to settle conflict.
- Regulate your own emotions.
- Keep your hands, feet and objects to yourself. No “Rough Play” at any time.
- Work to the best of your ability.
- Listen and follow instructions.
- Use respectful language.
- Treat school property with care and respect.
As a representative of William Taylor & George Wood Learning Centre, you are expected to show cooperation, respect, and good citizenship around the neighbourhood. Here are some guidelines.
- Respect the property and personal belongings of others.
- Avoid “hanging around” stores and neighbourhood businesses; they do not permit loitering.
When walking to and from the city bus stops students will avoid trespassing on any private property. Students should use appropriate language as a means of promoting this positive image. Inappropriate language (i.e. swearing, name calling, including vulgar expressions in conversations) is not permitted. If students are seen trespassing on private property a referral may be made to a School Resource Officer.